Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Pre-result thoughts

No news until tonight...(just in case you're hoping). But thanks for checking in!! I promise to post after we meet with my doctor at 1:30pm (Mountain Time USA)

I just wanted to share what I was reading last night because it shapes how I feel about any results today. Before bed, I was reading Uniformity with God's Will (written by my new dear friend, St Alphonsus Liguori) which was a gift from my friend, Lauren (hi, sweet lady!).

Just a collection of quotations with a promise that the next post will be all results :)

God Wills our Good. 
God wills only our good; God loves us more than anybody else can or does love us. His will is that no one should lose his soul, that everything should save and sanctify [the] soul: 'Not willing that any should perish, but that all should return...' (2 Peter 3:9). 'This is the will of God, your sanctification.' (1 Thess 4:3). God has made the attainment of our happiness, his glory. Since he is by his nature infinite goodness...God has a supreme desire to make us sharers of his goods and of his happiness. If then he sends us suffering in this life, it is for our own good: 'All things work together for the good.' (Romans 8:28)
... Let us then abandon everything to God's good pleasure, because being infinitely wise, he knows what is best for us; and being all-good and all-loving -- having given his life for us -- he wills what is best for us...
...Let us say: 'Lord, I wish neither to be well nor to remain sick; I want only what you will.'...still and all, when our sufferings are excessive, it is not wrong to let our friends know what we are enduring, also to ask God to free us from our sufferings...
...there is no better way to serve God than cheerfully to embrace his holy will.
I do not always "cheerfully embrace" all of this, but I do believe God is all-good and loves me. If I could explain how much good has come out of this dumb cancer already...I wanted to write this before we get any results because I need everyone to know that I (and begrudgingly, my sweet Shawn), will embrace the results as God's Good Will for me and our family.

And in the famous words of Bob Marley:

Don’t worry’ bout a thing -
‘Cuz every little thing gonna be alright...

...And nobody's gotta worry 'bout nothing
Don't go hittin' that panic button
It ain't worth spilling your drink
Everything's gonna be alright
It really isn't worth spilling your drink ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment