Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Pre-Chemo #4

It's been a busy week with all of the boys back in school and soccer and swim starting all at the same time! At least I don't have any big medical issues to deal with or take care of (ha ha). Actually, my daily life with cancer is pretty dull and just regular life...for which I am incredibly grateful.

Tomorrow is my 4th chemo. The final chemo in my first line of treatment...maybe.

I will find out tomorrow when I will have my "scans" to see how effective chemo (along with all my other crazy supplements) has been. According to the oracle of the internet, doctors normally wait about 2 weeks from the treatment to run tests. I am guessing that chemo takes about 2 weeks to have a full effect.

I am just enjoying the analogy posed by Betsy that, "It's like you're getting punched in the face every two weeks and you are actually running into the punch." Yep. That about sums up my feeling tonight as I write this. My mind is filled with: "who is taking the boys to school" and "who is picking them up" and "who will get D to swimming" and "who will get C & H to flag football" and "will this be the chemo where the side-effects are just. too. much."?

So, instead of obsessing about this, I'll listen to a favorite song of Shawn and mine (💗) and post pictures of the amazing gifts I've received lately. You all are just too much. I wish I could post all of the emails and IMs and texts I receive where people are thinking and praying. It makes my eyes sting with tears just typing that.

Chemo is at 9:40am tomorrow (mountain time) so that I can drive the boys to school (it's a gift, people. I can't believe I'll type this, but CAR LINE IS A GIFT & so are your long homeschool start days...ALL GIFT).


You are My Sunshine
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
The other night, dear, while I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you here in my arms
When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
And I hung my head and I cried
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
I'll always love you and make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me to love another
You'll regret it all some day
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
Please don't take my sunshine away

 A good friend brought this amazing "chemo gift basket" (with her daughter's homemade card). The socks will be with me at chemo tomorrow! I'll try to post a picture (swear word spoiler).
 The basket included this lovely coloring book. I just had to laugh and hope I can say this soon.

 Another friend (and babysitter for my boys while we lived in Canada) is traveling Europe with her family and lit this giant candle for me in Lourdes, France. The feast of Our Lady of Lourdes is my birthday...so this is really special to me.

 Another school-mom friend and precious prayer warrior's husband took a trip to Mexico City and went to the Cathedral (for Our Lady of Guadalupe) and he picked up a statue of St Jude (Patron of impossible causes) for me. My mom has been praying faithfully for St Jude's intercession. I am surrounded by "such a cloud of witnesses" (Hebrews 12:1 & 2)...both here and in heaven.

I also received a beautiful heart necklace from my cousin. No picture, because I'm wearing it :)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. to Everyone.
I'll post tomorrow on my "steroid high" if I'm up to it.

Jesus, I surrender myself to You, take care of everything...everything.
Salve, Regina.
Pray for AJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment