Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Padre Pio

Yesterday (9/23) was the feast day (the day Catholics celebrate the death/birth into eternal life) of Saint Pio of Pietrelcina. Most people know him by the name of "Padre Pio."

Here's a bit on his life (I promise there is a point):
Padre Pio (25 May 1887 - 23 September 1968), was a humble Capuchin priest who lived the last 50 years of his life in San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy, at Our Lady of Grace Friary. He was blessed by God in many wonderful and mysterious ways; The most dramatic was the stigmata and he bore these wounds of Christ for fifty years.
Among his other gifts were perfume, bilocation, prophecy, conversion, reading of souls, and miraculous cures. People are still being cured through his intercession in ways that cannot be explained by medicine or science.
More important, if less spectacular, are the spiritual healings that take place in all parts of the world. Saint Pio is a powerful intercessor.

 There are a lot of pictures and some video of Padre Pio as well as numerous medical studies of the wounds of Christ he bore on his hands, feet, and (after his death they found out) his back.

The point for my blog was that I was praying to Padre Pio all day yesterday to pray for my healing. My mom also loves Padre Pio, so I'm sure I was on her list as well yesterday. I went to Mass and just kept telling him I know he was praying for me.

And back on the crazy-train, a good friend of mine dropped off dinner for our family (it was really good, K! Pulled pork is a major favorite). She is also Catholic, and included a little vial of oil with the note to "spread it all over" (and other funny things).

Here's the note that was around the oil:


The best part of this story is that I immediately texted Kate and asked if she knew it was Padre Pio's feast day. She wrote that she had no idea. Actually, she wrote: "Are you kidding?! It's a sign. Grease up tonight!! I seriously had no idea." 

That, my friends, is how my life is going right now. 

Proverbs 4:20-22 "...be attentive to my words, incline your ear to my sayings. Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to she who finds them, and healing to all her flesh." 

Padre Pio, pray for us. Pray for all of the sick...especially those we love so much. 
Amen. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow! So beautiful and truly a blessing. A pearl for your journey of life and healing. Love and praying for you. In Mary. Judy -Hah Phillips

    ReplyDelete