Friday, March 21, 2014

What to wear to your child's classroom...

I've noticed when I google "What to wear" that this option never comes up. It sounds dumb, but I get a lot of anxiety over how I should dress (as a mom) to go to a casual kids' function or to volunteer. As a teacher, of course I'd dress professionally (…mostly) but now I think there is a fine line between being stylish and becoming the "mom who is trying too hard and/or wants to pick up your husband." So, today's fashion-ish day is what I wore to my oldest's second grade classroom for his "mini-society sale" This is where he sold his pet rocks I mentioned a few posts back. 
 I am constantly being "love-attacked" by little boys, so I always opt for jeans or leggings and flat shoes. It's a little chilly here today, so I figured a shlub sweater (not sure if that's a real word) from H&M and J skinny jeans would do the trick.
My shoes are from TJ Maxx - black patent leather pointy-toed flats (Ivanka Trump, I think). I definitely rock the name tag :)

But, regardless of what I wear, this is the reason I help or visit the school anyway. Buck was very proud of his rocks and made a lot of "school money" from his friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment