Monday, August 26, 2019

Chemo #3 plus a few days

Four Days Later...and it's all a little different. I'm much more tired after treatment 3. I feel more run down and exhausted. Less patience. Ironically, I am more "alert" at times and get little bursts of energy to walk or talk...then, I am completely depleted and tired. Our family made it to Mass and then an hour-long Fantasy Football draft get-together...both times it was so nice to sit and talk...but I was quite done after both and now am exhausted again. The side effects are a bit harder this time and it hurts to hold anything cold in my hands. They told me to expect it, but it's all still surprising me somehow. 

Saturday and Sunday nights, the boys slept in a tent in our back yard: 

 Coffee time for Dad

Sunday night, they all ended up back inside once the wind picked up. A last hurrah of summer for our guys. We're hoping to plan a "Grady Glamping" night with friends sometime. 

As always on these days of feeling down, I tend to research and read and watch strange you tube videos on cancer. These are not those videos but I thought they give the outline of what's happening scientifically in short bursts (if you're interested). 



This is the video we showed our boys as they are heading back to school and might need to explain general info around cancer. It's a good one to show younger people who might be interested.


Still trusting in Jesus. Still wishing it was all different. Still grateful for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment