Thursday, August 22, 2019

Chemo #3 Down

Very quick because I've been asleep all day & want to go back.

Third chemo was very similar to the first two with one or two slight changes:

1) I weigh the same as last time, which was a positive for Dr NP.  (Fat girls for the win!!)
2) All my bloodwork remains good.
3) We spent most of the doctor visit (one before each chemo) laughing and talking about colleges and school and high schools (turns out we both have 8th graders).
4) I was given a double-dose of steroids and a bag of Benadryl to ward off allergic reactions that seem to slide in at the end of each treatment.  The Benadryl made me VERY tired.
4) It seemed to go really quickly. (Love you, visitors!)
5) 5FU pump attached without a hitch and we left for home.
6) Once home, I had a strange allergic reaction all down my right side. My right eye felt like it had an eyelash in it, my right hand curled up like a claw (so I used a squishy nerf baseball to keep the shape), my right leg tingled like it had been asleep. My entire right side tingled all over. '

We called Doctor NP (she game me her cel phone number because she's an amazingly personal doctor) and she said to take a Benadryl and wait 15 minutes but to return to the office it didn't  improve.

I took the Benadryl and chased it with water from Lourdes...begging Mary, my Queen to help.

I was honestly scared I was having a stroke because they run in the female side of my family.

10 minutes later, I was dead asleep in bed and the effects had lessened by the time I woke up. It still feels like someone hit my fingers with a hair brush; but my eye is better and my throat seems less dry and raw than last cycle (Singing career saved! ha.)

Tomorrow is normally a bit harder. I just wanted to post so you all know I am alright.
Just for reference, I didn't fast this cycle and I think the food helps my energy (and keeps my weight level)...so I might not fast before anymore.

Jesus, I trust in You. Salve, Regina.

No comments:

Post a Comment