Monday, October 28, 2019

An Update of "Normal"

I have been slow to post this week only because everything has been so fun and normal. I absolutely love the week before Chemo because the side-effects are pretty low and my energy is high and our lives get so "busy and boring."

I have chemo on Friday (Nov. 1 - All Saints' Day -the feast day of all of the "unnamed Saints" in heaven). A number of us have been praying a novena (where you pray 9 days in a row) that this chemo #8 might be the last one. I know, Tom, I will be patient even if it doesn't work out that way 😏

A few "Bridgette-weird" things are that a missionary we sponsor (through FOCUS) sent us an update letter but ALSO included a little note that she had found a necklace with saint medals at a garage sale and thought God wanted her to send it to me. The medals are of St Peregrine with a relic on the medal (He is the patron saint of cancer warriors) and St Lucy (who I had a dream of the night before).  Right in the middle of our novena to All Saints. Shawn and I both got a little teary-eyed.

Also, the podcast we listen to with the kids each day had a prayer from St Alphonsus Liguori (my guy) which he said each morning to welcome the 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit.

I just felt like those were kisses from heaven for me as I wait on this chemo #8 on All Saints Day. My heavenly cloud has got me for sure.

And here are just a few snaps of what we were up to this weekend:


 Friday Night Bishop Machebeuf v Englewood HS Football (Go Buffs!! They won!!)
 Saturday morning soccer (with another family who we'd seen the night before)
Sat night family pumpkin carving at Uncle C and Aunt S's house!! 
 bringing out the drill (serious business around here) 
 Hard at work (Aunt S on the right is a serious artist). 
 Cousin collection (minus baby J)
 H's monster
Baby J in all her smiley glory!! 

 Colorado weather! This is TODAY! 
 Thank you, Jesus, for seat warmers and 4 wheel drive and late start days and Colorado drivers being so safe this morning (at least where we were) 
Now, I'm off to pick up crazy from school (all of them) and bring it home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment