Monday, December 2, 2019

Best Advent Ever & Listening


This morning, I am scrambling to get things done. SCRAMBLING. Because I know that I have chemo #10 in 3 days (Thurs.) and I will be out of it for at least 3 days after. It's making Christmas prep & house prep and "just.life." a bit more rushed.

Yes, I know I can just blow it off - that I have a great excuse this year to do way less. Ironically, all I want is to NOT blow everything off. I want to celebrate and love and buy great presents. I want to finish my "to do" list because I love every second I am able to do anything at all.

Because I had an extra week off from chemo, I also have more energy than normal and I am craving time with friends and family (it was so wonderful to spend time chatting with my cousin that I could only cry when she left. I was so grateful).

One quality I love in people is the ability to let other people speak. I have so many close friends who LOVE to chat and share. I love this about them...but something I've also noticed is that so many of them are also careful listeners. They share excitedly, but they also listen with love and know when to wait and just hear. My husband is really great about listening (duh, he married a woman who barely stops talking)...

This all leads to an Advent video I watched this morning. It's from the Best Advent Ever series by Matthew Kelly and it's wonderful. The theme of today is that "You have no idea of what you are capable of." If I could sum up my current spiritual state, it would sound just like this 3 minute video. If you click on the link below, you can watch it. I am really inspired...but peaceful too because I believe I am just where I am supposed to be and doing just what I'm called to do.


Best Advent Ever video


Chapter 2 of Luke today and 2 minutes of silence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment