Saturday, November 30, 2019

Thankful and Advent plans

This will be a quick, picture-filled blog. It's very cold here (snowy the last few days) but any chemo side-effects have been calmed with fun and being surrounded by love. It's been so wonderful to have my cousin and her friends. Also, Thanksgiving with Shawn's side of the family (OUR family) was awesome. I have been feeling good (with some "bag" issues) but happy to have a week off from chemo!! 
Tomorrow, Sunday Dec. 1st, Advent begins. I wanted to ask anyone interested to join me (and our family) in reading one chapter from the Gospel of Luke for the month of December. There are 24 chapters, so you'll finish just in time for Christmas. Also, I'm going to have one minute of silence tomorrow and add a minute every day until I'm silent for 24 minutes on Christmas Eve. God speaks silence. This is a good chance to let him show you (and myself) He is there. If you are new to being silent, it's best to be silent in the way you were created. If you are a person who loves action, take a walk (with headphones maybe) and be totally silent while you walk. If you are "chatty" or "verbal", say the name Jesus (or God or Holy Spirit) when you are finding your mind wandering. Begin with asking God to "show me that you are real" and let your mind be as silent as possible. 

This is a quick recap of our past week. 
 Two days of snow and over a foot landed in our yard! 
 My cousin, S, loved us all up with her crazy chatty personality. 
 We had a few days of family togetherness thanks to snow days and Thanksgiving break! 
 S, her friend G and daughter, D came for dinner Wed (with our favorite Fr. Nathan also!) 
 I'll do a post this week on my favorite Christmas gift so far, extra hair (like a hair piece) from my stylist, Julie. Also loved spending time with my oldest boy! 
 Dinner Wed night 
 We also spent the day at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo - one of our favorite places. 
 Click on this picture to see the Tiger between the boys. 
 Always fun having dinner with the Grady family for Thanksgiving. Here's Grandpa! 
 Traditional family picture. We're missing Uncle C, Aunt S and the babes.
 My gorgeous niece, P
 Two C's (they share a name) fooling around. 
 Love. 
S feeding giraffes and loving the animals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment