Saturday, November 23, 2019

Ordinary Time(s)

**edited once my husband read it**
All is Well here in Colorado - despite the snow then 70's then snow and rain. It's Fall for us all.

For Catholics, "Ordinary Time" is coming to an end this Sunday (11/24) and a new church year begins with the  Feast of Christ the King (this happens every year. I'm not talking about the apocalypse or anything). Then...Advent begins 12/1 and the slow roll to Christmas (it's not slow...I'm kidding). 

I've been enjoying knowing I won't have chemo until Dec. 5th and it's amazing how even little things are causing a great amount of joy for me and my boys. 

Shawn and the boys took a cool hike with the youth group

 We live in a Hallmark movie. These are pictures from downtown Littleton, CO. It's seriously quaint and beautiful. 

 We were surprised with seeing good friends at C's basketball tourney today. (This pic is for my brother, Sean. This girl is in 8th grade and over 6' (so is her mom). She's phenomenal and a wonderful girl). 
 C's team did really well for only their 1st and 2nd games. 
 My precious cousin sent me two gifts that have brought me a lot of comfort and joy. I love you, LK. 
We are in a winter wonderland for fall. The cold is tough due to side effects, but is still really beautiful. 

Sometimes, I feel as though I'm doing nothing but "recovering" from all that is happening with the cancer. Then, I read my spiritual friends and this is what they say: 

St. Faustina (758) - "Although exteriorly a thing may be quite ordinary, it is the different manner [in which it is carried out] that only the eye of God catches." 

and St. Mother Teresa - "Until you know deep inside that Jesus thirsts for you - you can't begin to know who He wants to be for you..." 

I have come to know how much Jesus thirsts for a relationship with me...and so these ordinary times have become quite extraordinary. And I am so grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment