Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Christmas and New Year's break 2019

I am quickly checking in during the holiday craziness to say that I have not stopped blogging...just living life right now - and it's been wonderful.

Also, I feel really well and I've even been skiing!

Can't believe that the 2010's are over. It still seems like 1980 was a few years ago.

Here's what we've been doing over these 11 days:
 Happy Christmas Day 
 skiing with cousins and my boys in the Colorado mountains. 
 ugly sweater Christmas with our almost 11 year old!! 
 Early "almost Christmas" with cousins from Portland!! 
 "ugly sweater day" at school
 "early Christmas" with Grandma D and Grandpa J.
 Hot chocolate break during the ski trip
 "The Night Before Christmas" with Aunty MA and Uncle S! 
 Grandma and Grandpa eating a feast provided by Sonia M (the best)
Christmas morning in my new favorite head-gear
 Sistas for life
Our kids (and cousins) ruining the glass at a restaurant after we saw the new Star Wars movie. 

Just a few snippets of our holidays. Off to the cabin today to see some Grady family!! (We've missed you!) 

From December 31 last year (2018)- (I have a prayer journal from every year and read the old one to see what was up): 

"The one desire which should move us should be, first of all, that of seeing him face to face who is now hid from us..." and "...why should we rest in the world, when it is the token and promise of another?" (Bible in a Year, pg 134). 

Incredible, that I would live these statements in a real way just months later. 2019 I have tasted real mortality. I have been challenged to accept that I will be leaving the earth sooner than I expected (even if it's 30 years from now) and practice silence so that I can meet the "unknown God" in a real way. So that I can know and trust in Him and experience His love. 

Happy 2020. I'm praying for you to find joy this year. For you to be safe and secure. For your family to be whole. For all of us to "be not afraid." 


No comments:

Post a Comment