Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Chemo #10 +5 & some Luke healing verses

Contrary to my past post (bummer), I had a lot of energy for the day after chemo but was sidelined with fatigue as Saturday and Sunday moved in. I have that pump of 5FU that I wear until Saturday afternoon and - somehow - after Shawn disconnects it, I have waves of fatigue and just need to sit and sleep. I saw a number of people at church as we made a quick retreat toward the door - so I apologize if we ran out. I needed to sleep (and was very hot in my winter hat that I wore during Mass).

But it's Tuesday and so I've bounced back (as much as I'll bounce with the side-effects of super cold sensitivity).

Our family has still been reading a chapter of the book of Luke every night (full disclosure that we doubled up one weekend night because we all needed sleep). I have been completely struck by the amount of healing Jesus did. Seriously, if Jesus isn't telling everyone to love one another and work to demonstrate love (charity), He's basically healing people. It's somewhat of His identity in Luke (side note that Luke was a doctor, so he probably focused on the healing because it was so incredible to him personally). And these healings are not the often "poo-pooed" miracles that "modern medicine can heal now" (like that mattered to the people who were healed)...these are some "raising people from the dead" and "curing everyone in one fell swoop" whoppers.

All of this detail matters when you have cancer. Because I know that Jesus is the same "yesterday, today and forever"- so these healings from the ancient past I claim as my present and future.

Here's a list FYI:

Luke 4:38-39 - Jesus heals Simon's mother in law of a fever

Luke 5: 12-16 & 17-26 - heals a leper; heals someone paralyzed

Luke 6: 6 & 17-19 - heals a man's withered hand; "...power came forth from Him and healed them all"

Luke 7: 1-10 & 11-17 - heals the centurion's slave (from far away b/c the centurion said "only say the word and he shall be healed"...familiar?); and raises a widow's son from the dead.

Luke 8: 26-39 - heals someone possessed by a demon (sends them into pigs)

Luke 9: 37-43 - heals a boy possessed

We're only on book 10 today...and so I plan to read about healings until Christmas. And I will continue to be amazed by things I just skimmed over before. And the truth is that whatever you need to be healed from, Jesus wants to do that too. You don't need to have cancer, obviously.  Jesus only wants us to have faith and trust (no pixie dust required, Tinkerbell).

Once again, I'm back to St Faustina's diary: 822. ... my part is to love Him to folly...

Trust and "loving to folly" that's my current cancer plan. And we're going to keep reading Luke, of course.

1 comment:

  1. Shout out from a BourgeBridge Super Fan!
    Do you have any merch?
    You’re amazing. Love your ponderings. Praying every day for NT style healing.

    ReplyDelete