Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Down Day 1

These are the days I am making myself add just a short blog. The boys and I went to early Mass and they went to playdates and I have been asleep most of the day. I have a headache and I feel basically nauseous and eating is hard. I had some dried plantains, chicken soup and coconut water from Karen. Nothing is feeling great and I'm still connected to this final chemo pump until tomorrow at noon. I try not to think about the fact that everyone says subsequent treatments are worse as the drug accumulates in my system. If you know a cancer survivor, reach out to them today, please. And get a mammogram and a colonoscopy no matter how old you are.

On a bright note, the nurses assured me that the worst is only a couple of days and then I will have weeks of "better."

Hoping for better in the next few days.

"...affiction produces endurance, and endurance, proven character, and proven character, hope, and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:4 & 5

No comments:

Post a Comment