Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Good Days

 I met with my oncologist, Dr. NP on Thursday and she is very optimistic about this second line of chemo. She has many patients who remain on it for quite a while. When we were speaking, it brought me so much peace and also I pictured Jesus standing behind her because - ultimately - God will decide what happens. 

I am walking with the cane at this point but I think my legs are strong enough that I can walk without it. I was excited to attend our oldest's back to school Mass and picnic and I could walk the stairs to our downstairs to help put the boys to bed. It has been a weekend of big steps so far. 

I did freak myself out at how skinny I've gotten. I didn't realize until I was able to get myself in front of a mirror. 

It made me think of those old TV shows where they finally revealed the girl with anorexia in a mirror.

Lastly, My brother and his wife and her mom all came to stay for about 6 days. It was amazing. 


1 comment: