Tuesday, May 5, 2020

A Busy week of medical action

I can't believe that it's already Tuesday. Time flies quickly When you're sitting around in your pajamas and not eating :)

But this week is ramping up. I had a tele-appointment with my GI doctor on Monday. Shawn says that he was very positive, but it's hard for me to interpret anything at this point. My home health nurse came today to take blood and vitals. She is wonderful and chatty and I really appreciate when she is here. Of course, I love my full-time nurse, Shawn, even more.

Tomorrow (Wed) I have yet another CT (ie: CAT) scan. This scan will hopefully say that I do not have any more internal "leaking" and will perhaps be able to eat a liquid diet. Worst case, I will get a third drain if there are any pockets of fluid where they aren't supposed to be.

In either case, I have chemo on Thursday. I'm honestly not sure how my body will do with all of these tests and treatments.

I totally appreciate the prayers and everyone who has reached out with encouragement.

This entire experience has opened my heart so much more to people who are struggling/suffering and who also find it hard to trust God. That has been my only prayer, that I can trust God and believe that His love is bigger than all of this. It's scary and sometimes painful...but I am choosing Trust.

Thank you for your prayers in advance (TIA, like the kids say).

No comments:

Post a Comment