Saturday, March 21, 2020

Doing Nothing - and it's OK

Like everyone in America (and all over the world, it seems) our family is busy doing nothing. Added to this is the fact that it snowed the other day "more than any other day since 2016." Seriously, that was on the news. So, of course, Shawn and our boys had an epic snowball fight after building ice and snow forts. Not for the first time, I was grateful to have a husband who "plays." 

Shawn's offices (here and in Houston) are closed and everyone is working from home. Shawn has definitely been working while the boys fight, work on school, eat, fight again and then complain. I am thankful that we homeschooled last year so it has not come as a giant shock to all of us. The total lockdown we are in has been more difficult. We are a social family. Or, we were. I'm so thankful to have boys old enough to understand. C said, "It's because we don't want you to get sick." I feel badly that the cancer is even causing quarantine to be more difficult for my bubs...but that's just the reality. 


(video is not working! I'll try again tomorrow)
Tonight, we also went outside at 8pm to "make noise" in honor of the health care workers and first responders who are still working so hard to keep people alive and safe. I wish we could list everyone here but we pray the Rosary every night for so many of you...especially: Aunt Sally, Tara Valle, Carrie Heimbecker, all of my doctors, Lt Tim Urban (yeah!!) & also for the other "high risk" people we know: Charlotte, Jeffrey, Jack, my chemo-crowd, Randy S, Xavier Moran.

I have so many thoughts about all of this. But tonight I was thinking of how everything we used to do has been cancelled - non-stop sports and drama and youth group and homework -- that we are all playing RISK and sitting together talking. I know that some families are really struggling, so we worry for them and wish we could help...but this has been a good time for our family in a lot of basic ways.

I do officially have chemo on Tuesday morning. I will definitely post this coming week.

Jesus, we trust in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment