Wednesday, February 12, 2020

50!

I firmly intend to spend this entire year acting out this SNL skit:



I turned 50 yesterday.

On her 50th last year, one of my closest friends told me  - "Half-way to Glory!" So I will also be saying this for the next year. It's bittersweet to think that I might be more than half-way to glory but I console myself with promising I will never have hair like Sally O'Mally.

Instead of trying out for the Rockettes, the boys and I went skiing in Steamboat Springs over a very  snowy weekend (which was awesome). We skiied for 2 days, saw a Guinness world record giant firework and enjoyed each other's company (mostly).
Shawn spoiled us with a ski-in-ski-out condo. This is the boys sitting by our patio area. 


"The Ster" (H) and I enjoying a lift. The boys have become great skiers and it's good to have time alone where they are captured on a chairlift with just me! 
 This is us waiting for the giant firework on the streets of Steamboat. I didn't take a picture because I wanted to actually witness it. Notice C's little smirk as he pretends to be too cool to watch. He actually loved it. 

Yesterday, I was incredibly blessed with birthday flowers and a balloon and an ice cream cake. It was a very special day. Thank you for all of the love!! 






     
Lastly, I will admit that I am still struggling a bit with fatigue, so the birthday was much more calm than I had always planned (full disclosure that I slept through a lot of the day). But Shawn and I are are hoping to throw a party in the summer which will also coincide with our 20th wedding anniversary. We're just working through this "waiting" portion of my recovery/life. I have a colonoscopy for Valentines' day (romantic, non?) and a PET scan next Wednesday. These tests should help shape next steps and set the stage for the spring.

I am just incredibly grateful to still be here and to have these days and months and (God-willing) years to be alive.

50 came so fast (right, Bets?)


No comments:

Post a Comment