Saturday, April 18, 2020

Still here - Courage!!

I think that could be the name of a song for BOTH this pandemic and my stay in the hospital - “still here.” Go ahead, rock stars, write a song that we can listen to after all of this.

So, I’m still in the hospital, still blogging from my little phone. But rest assured that I feel 100% better if I’m communicating at all! This third surgery (I’ve heard a lot of “third times the charm!”- this surgery recovery has been  totally different from the last two. I feel like myself. I’m strong in my (painful) walks and things are “coming on line” a bit faster. I’ll still be here until Monday, but that’s better than all week! And mainly because my doctor wants me on solid foods before I leave.

The nurses and I were already friendly...now I’m like their “hospital mother” and they come in to chat about life. It’s all the same nurses and I’m on the same general surgery floor, so it’s a bit deja vu-y.  I am still trying to figure out what to send them all after I’m out. They work so hard on “the non-covid” patients, they deserve a lot.

Thank you all for your prayers during this. I really can tell I’ve got some heavy-hitting prayers going up this time. It’s a totally different experience physically even as it’s exactly the same in every other aspect. I trust that this is it. I trust I’ll get back to my boys and my life.

Maybe just in time for the governor to reinstate play dates. My boys could REALLY use a play date that doesn’t involve a game on a screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment